Monday, October 3, 2011

How to draw a Pirate with an Eye patch for the youg artisist

This is a free printable drawing worksheet, How to Draw A Pirate With One Eye.


It is a fun portrait to draw; since he has an earring, a patch, and only one tooth people will remember this drawing after you show it to them and they will tell others about it.

If you have problems making the image file print then CLICK HERE to visit the how to print page for some suggestions or try the updated link below.



How to draw a pirate worksheet. 

Sometimes it takes me hours but I create these how to draw worksheets but I do it so that I can give back because I believe that when you have been given a gift it is so you can be a gift to others, and I hope these worksheets are a means of blessing to you. You are welcome to print as many as you like.


Thank you!

CLICK HERE for a universal portable format.

BEGINNING
I start most of my portraits with a circle and a large letter "U" for the jaw. It sometimes looks like a skull when I do this. I recommend a light line up and down the middle to keep the face in balance, and some lines across to mark off the eyes nose mouth. The lines for the eyes and nose will become the top and bottom of the ears. I use very few lines to indicate the face at this point; think of it like a map.

ASSESSMENT
Now set your pencil down and look at what you have drawn so far- now is the time to fix any problems.

DEVELOP FORM
He is bald so keep the top of the head clean. (I was going to put a bandanna on his head but changed my mind but you can try it and see if it works.)

The nose is three circles, a large one in the middle and two smaller ones on the sides. I use a lot of shading in drawing faces so shade the underside of the nose but not too dark. I drew circles for the eyes, even though I am going to hide one under the eye-patch I still drew the circle so I have things in the right place. His eyebrows are bushy to make up for his shiny bald head.

The mouth is open to show his one tooth. When people smile or talk their lips spread out and become thinner so I just did a shadow for the top lip and a little shadow for the bottom.

DETAILS
I save the fun stuff for last so last I put in the earring, the eye-patch, and the bandanna around his neck.

Example of How to Draw a Pirate (c) Adron 2011

(c) Adron D. 10/3/11